Table of contents:
- What to see in Kaluga?
- Rooms of the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga
- Services of the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga
- Entertainment & Leisure
- Hotel wedding
- Additional information
- Positive Feedback
- Negative reviews
Hilton Business Hotel in Kaluga provides excellent accommodation conditions for both business people and tourists. The location on one of the central streets provides convenient access to cultural and business facilities. Belonging to a well-known network is a kind of guarantee of high quality service.
Address of the Hilton hotel in Kaluga: S altykov-Shchedrin street, 74/3. It's about 10 minutes walk from the historic city center. Nearby there are several public transport stops, from where you can quickly get to anywhere in the city. The train station is 5 km away and the airport is 8 km away.
The closest cultural and infrastructure facilities to the hotel are:
- Victory Statue - 2km;
- Central Park of Culture and Leisure - 2 km;
- Regional Drama Theater - 3 km;
- Regional Philharmonic - 3 km;
- local history museum - 3 km;
- Tsiolkovsky House-Museum - 4 km;
- Museum of the History of Cosmonautics - 4 km.
What to see in Kaluga?
If you are going to visit Kaluga, plan a cultural program in advance. Here are some of the most popular attractions:
- The Museum of the History of Cosmonautics is the largest museum dedicated to space exploration in Russia and even in the world. The museum was founded in 1967 with the direct participation of Yuri Gagarin and Academician Korolyov.
- Kirov Street - the central street of the city, where the main attractions, administrative institutions and business facilities are concentrated. There are many beautiful old buildings here.
- Regional Museum of Local Lore - the building is an architectural monument dating back to the 17th century. This picturesque mansion has been well preserved until today, almost unchanged.
- Museum of Fine Arts - was founded in 1917. The institution is located in the building of the estate of the XIX century, built in the Empire style. The exposition is based on the private collection of the doctor and philanthropist Vasiliev.
- The Tsiolkovsky Museum is the house where space explorer Tsiolkovsky lived and worked for 29 years. A year after the scientist's death, his memorial museum was founded here.
- The House of Masters is a club-museum located in a wooden house of the 19th century. In 1990, the building was restored and the museum was opened. Today, handicrafts and samples of arts and crafts are presented here.
- The Korobov Chambers of Merchants is one ofthe main sights of the city, a vivid example of stylized architecture of the 17th century.
- Cathedral of the Life-Giving Trinity - the building of 1819, which is the second version of the temple. The first was built in the 17th century from wood.
- The Church of Cosmas and Damian is an elegant five-domed temple, which was built in 1794 according to the design of one of the famous Rastrelli's students. The walls are decorated with mosaics depicting the deeds of Nicholas the Wonderworker and George the Victorious.
- Victory Square is a memorial complex consisting of an obelisk, a fountain, a granite wall and an Eternal Flame. In 2014, all objects were restored.
- Park named after K. E. Tsiolkovsky is a place where the scientist himself once liked to walk. The park was founded in the 18th century with the planting of a linden alley.
Rooms of the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga
It is very important that the living conditions in the hotel are as comfortable and cozy as at home. To accommodate the guests of the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga, there are 134 rooms of various categories that fully comply with international standards. Description and prices are shown in the table.
|Number||Area, sq. m||Equipment||Bathroom||Price, rub.|
- double bed;
- one and a half bed (only in standard);
- bedside tables;
- ironing supplies;
- coffee table;
- satellite TV;
- personal care products;
- set of towels
- convenience of the previous issue;
- air conditioner;
- Amenities of the previous room;
- set of dishes;
- microwave oven
|Gagarin Suite||90||from 13 700|
The hotel also has special rooms for disabled guests.
The Hilton Garden Inn in Kaluga has a well-developed infrastructure. Here are the objects presented to the attention of the guests:
- free parking;
- wireless internet;
- catering establishments;
- business center;
- conference room;
- banquet room;
- 24-hour convenience store;
- gift shop;
- luggage storage;
- shared lounge;
- 24-hour reception.
The Hilton Hotel in Kaluga has a Garden Grill and Bar restaurant specializing in international cuisine. Guests can enjoy exquisitedishes in a pleasant atmosphere or order to your room. The possibility of complex meals is also provided.
The hotel also has Pub 102, where you can sit down with a cup of coffee in a relaxed atmosphere. And those who return late from work or sightseeing, when catering establishments are already closed, can purchase groceries at the 24-hour mini market on site.
Services of the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga
A wide range of services is provided to hotel guests. Here are the main ones:
- washing and ironing clothes;
- shoe shine;
- cots and high chairs for small children;
- special diet food;
- delivery of food and drinks to the rooms;
- transfer organization;
- selling and booking tickets;
- organization of business and festive events;
- copying documents and sending a fax;
- packed lunches.
Entertainment & Leisure
The Hilton Garden Hotel in Kaluga has ample opportunities for organizing leisure activities for guests. Namely:
- garden and barbecue facilities;
- broadcast sports matches;
- organization of culinary master classes;
- organization of bus and walking tours;
- fitness center.
The Hilton Hotel in Kaluga is the perfect place for your unforgettable wedding. The institution can offer you the following:
- three banquet halls;
- banquet menu from 2000 rubles per person;
- tasting set of the selected menu option;
- individual approach to organizing a celebration;
- possibility of field registration.
Three options for banquet halls are available at the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga. See table for description.
|Hall||Area, sq. m||Capacity, people||Benefits|
- banquet textiles (tablecloths, napkins, covers, bows);
- screen and computer projector;
- area for meeting guests and holding a buffet table
Gagarin suite living room
When ordering a wedding banquet at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kaluga, newlyweds receive the following bonuses:
- deluxe loft room with romantic flower petal decoration;
- breakfast for two delivered to your room;
- late check out;
- discounts for guest accommodation;
- gift certificate for a romantic dinner in a restaurant for a wedding anniversary;
- carrying out a photo session in the interiors of the Gagarin suite.
If you are planning to stay at the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga, check out some of the details of your stay in advance. Namely:
- settlement of newcomersguests after 14:00 and check-out before noon;
- Children under 12 stay free of charge in existing bedding;
- Children under 2 years stay free of charge in special cots;
- the cost of an extra bed is 1000 rubles per day;
- Only one extra guest is allowed per room;
- no pets allowed;
- Special conditions may apply when booking more than nine rooms.
From reviews of the Hilton hotel in Kaluga you can get a lot of interesting information that you will not find on the official website and booking sites. Here are the advantages of this institution that travelers say in their reviews:
- cleanliness and comfort both in rooms and in public areas;
- the rooms are very warm;
- there are many outlets in the room - you don't have to choose between household appliances and gadgets;
- wonderful breakfasts - a large selection of dishes for every taste;
- service at the highest level;
- very comfortable orthopedic mattresses on the beds;
- free access to well-equipped fitness area;
- spacious rooms and large bathrooms;
- very high quality hygienic cosmetics with wonderful aroma of vervain;
- fresh modern renovation;
- TV broadcasts many channels in excellent quality;
- large free parking with security and barrier;
- trained, competent, andalso polite and friendly staff;
- pleases the availability of ironing facilities in the room;
- quick registration procedure without unnecessary delays and formalities;
- perfectly clean starched linens;
- happy with the availability of bathrobes in the rooms;
- next to the hotel there is a green area where it is very pleasant to walk in the evening, and you can also have a barbecue;
- reception staff kindly share information about city attractions;
- the room has free tea and coffee bags, which are replenished regularly;
- excellent food quality in the restaurant;
- good speed and stable wireless internet signal in both public areas and rooms;
- the heating system is adjustable, and therefore you can set a comfortable temperature for yourself;
- rooms are well furnished - there is everything you need and at the same time nothing more;
- regular quality cleaning;
- good soundproofing of the rooms - neither the conversations of the neighbors through the wall, nor the sounds from the corridor interfere;
- comfortable work area in the rooms;
- cozy and calm atmosphere in the lobby - you can just sit with friends or have a business meeting.
It is impossible to assess the true state of affairs at the Hilton Hotel in Kaluga from photos and information on the official website. Objective information is contained only in the reviews of travelers who have already been here. Here are the shortcomings of this institution they focus onattention:
- not very convenient location in the factory district, a bit far from the center;
- there are no coolers with drinking water in the corridors (and the small bottle that they put in the room upon check-in is completely insufficient);
- pleases the presence of a 24-hour mini-market on the territory (this is very important, given the lack of such infrastructure near the hotel);
- overpriced accommodation;
- breakfast is not included;
- often administrators are absent from the front desk;
- instead of a king-size bed, the room turned out to be an ordinary double bed;
- unattractive views from windows;
- the room is poorly prepared for the settlement of new guests - in some places there is garbage from previous guests;
- when the hotel is full, there are queues for breakfast, and there are not enough free places;
- windows do not open in some rooms (even for ventilation mode);
- Standard rooms do not have air conditioning;
- when restaurants have banquets, the hotel gets noisy;
- fridge in room not working well;
- unreasonably high prices for food in a restaurant (apparently due to the lack of alternative catering establishments in the nearest district);
- low-quality razors are included in the hygiene kit - they are very blunt and irritate the skin.