Table of contents:
- Location and meaning
- Districts of the city and attractions
- A little about summer walks in the historical center of the city
- Raifa Monastery and Blue Lake
- Where to relax with children in Kazan?
- Kyrlay Amusement Park
- In conclusion
2023 Author: Harold Hamphrey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 19:35
To fully enjoy and feel the beauty of the parks and picturesque corners of the city, as well as to feel its atmosphere in general, it is best to visit the summer months. At this time, the weather is most favorable for excursions and hiking in the most popular places in the city.
Where can you relax in Kazan in the summer? During this period, many cultural events are held in the city. Of particular note is the wonderful national holiday Sabantuy, the Great Bulgar festival and the festival of colors. In summer, life in the city is in full swing, but this does not mean at all that it is boring here at other times of the year.
Location and meaning
The capital of Tatarstan, located on the left bank of the Volga - in the place where the waters of the Kazanka flow into it, is located at a distance of 797 kilometers from Moscow.
Since ancient times, Kazan has been the most important city, acting as an intermediary in trade between the West and the East. It also makes a significant contribution to the Russian economy, and is also included in the UNESCO World Heritage Cities.
Before we decide where in Kazan to relax and have a great time so that only the most pleasant impressions remain about it, we will present a little information about it. The so-called "third capital of Russia", which recently celebrated its millennium, is both archaic and modern. In the capital of Tatarstan, as in a huge cauldron (by the way, the word "cauldron" in translation from Tatar means "cauldron"), the cultures of the West and East, history, religion and mentality are mixed. For example, on the territory of one bank of the Kazanka there is an old Kremlin (XII century), and on the other there are modern skyscrapers.
Orthodox churches and mosques side by side here. In the metro and in public transport, announcements and names of stops are heard in three languages (Tatar, Russian and English). There are many such examples.
The following are the most interesting places in Kazan where you can relax with children.
Districts of the city and attractions
The city consists of seven administrative districts, each of which has its own history and attractions.
1. Vakhitovsky district - in fact, is the old city of Kazan. This is the most tourist center of Kazan, where you can relax quite inexpensively and with benefit in terms of obtaining historical information. Main attractions: Kazansky Kremlin, Staro-Tatarskaya Sloboda, Bauman pedestrian street, theatres, mosques, temples, monuments, squares, parks (includingpark them. M. Gorky with a singing colored fountain), etc.
2. Novo-Savinovsky is the second district of Kazan in terms of tourist importance. Most of it stretches along the banks of the Kazanka. The Riviera Hotel is the tallest building in the area.
Significant places, including those where you can relax in Kazan with your children:
- Riviera Water Park is the largest water park in the country, full of numerous attractions.
- Victory Memorial Park - a place of rest, which is one of the favorites of the townspeople. Here you can ride bicycles and rollerblades, see military equipment, ride boats on the pond and sit in one of the summer cafes.
- Sports venues: Kazan-arena, Universiade 2013 facilities, water sports facilities.
- Kazan family center in the form of a bowl with an observation deck and a park area. It offers a magnificent panoramic view of the Kremlin and the entire historical part of the city.
- Beautiful promenade along the Kazanka River.
3. Privolzhsky district is the largest residential area in Kazan. On its territory is located the Kazan Fair (a large exhibition complex where exhibitions of various kinds, both specialized and universal, are held). There is also a multimedia park "Russia - my history".
4. Kirovsky district is the greenest district. The largest urban forest park "Lebyazhye" is located here, as well as many historical and cultural monuments.
Sights of the area:
- The Holy Assumption Cathedral is the oldest monastery in the Volga region, founded in 1552 by Ivan IV the Terrible.
- Temple of all religions.
- Spider Web (rope) park and Kyrlay amusement park.
5. Aviastroitelny, Sovetsky and Moskovsky are areas where residential complexes are adjacent to industrial enterprises, but it is quite possible to find activities in accordance with interests in them.
For example, in the Sovetsky district, in addition to large shopping malls (including IKEA), there is a huge Hippodrome where you can visit horse racing events, as well as ride horses.
A little about summer walks in the historical center of the city
This is one of the places where you can have an inexpensive vacation with the whole family with children in Kazan. The center of Kazan is a real attraction, where you can see everything by walking calmly. Walking along Bauman Street (local Arbat) will allow you to listen to performances by street artists, see paintings by local artists, and also sit in one of the many cozy cafes located almost at every turn. Here you can also try local culinary dishes in the House of Tatar Cuisine and other similar establishments.
The famous Kazan Kremlin can be approached from all sides of the city and from Bauman Street. On the territory of the fortress there is the Museum of Natural History, the Museum of Islam, the WWII Memorial, the Mausoleum of Kazan Khans, cathedrals, the Hermitage-Kazan Gallery, the famous Syuyumbike Tower, Kul-Sharif - the most important mosque of Tatarstan. Nearby is the square of the 1000th anniversary with a circus and a unique modern entertainment complex "Pyramid".
Raifa Monastery and Blue Lake
Tourists visiting Tatarstan should definitely take a fascinating out-of-town excursion to the Raifa Monastery, which is a historical and architectural complex that houses the holy spring of Raifa.
Not far from it is the wonderful Blue Lake, the depth of which reaches 17 meters (diameter - 30 meters). The peculiarity of this reservoir is that the water in it at any time of the year has the same temperature - plus 4 degrees. The unique lake is so beautiful that it is a favorite vacation spot for romantics and divers.
Where to relax with children in Kazan?
Water parks (including "Riviera" and "Baryonyx"), zoos (including touching ones), wonderful puppet theater "Ekiyat", trampoline centers, children's parks and many others are especially popular with children. etc. Based on the desires of children, parents can make their own plan of routes around the city, combining children's entertainment with cultural events. For example, walking along the central pedestrian street of Bauman, you can reach the Kremlin, visiting the Theater of the Young Spectator and the circus, located in the same area. Such a holiday will appeal to both parents and children.
Separately, it should be noted the puppet theater "Ekiyat", which is one of the most significant not only in Tatarstan, but also in Russia. Even from the outside, this charming building attractsAttention. It is a fairy-tale castle with wonderful towers, decorative columns and other interesting details. The facade of the theater is decorated with various fairy tale characters.
The interior decoration is also impressive - in the foyer instead of ordinary seats there are royal thrones, the walls are decorated with bright chandeliers.
Kyrlay Amusement Park
Where to relax in Kazan in the summer? On the banks of the Kazanka River, not far from the Kremlin, there is a wonderful recreation park "Kyrlay". Numerous attractions will appeal to kids and adults. The Ferris wheel offers a beautiful view of the central historical part of Kazan. The park has a cafe with a real children's menu. Adults can taste Armenian cuisine.
It should be noted that the park is open to visitors all year round, but during the warm season (May-November) most of the rides work. Children's contests and prize draws are held.
Where else to relax in Kazan? Tourists may also like the main republican holiday "Sabantuy", which takes place annually in the beautiful Birch Grove near the village of Mirny at the end of June.
Children can also enjoy this interesting and fun event (funny children's games, contests, concerts, delicious meals, etc.).
The happiest time in family life is the honeymoon. Therefore, it is important to spend it in such a way that it will be remembered for a lifetime. Many newlyweds go on their honeymoon. How to make the voyage bright, unusual and romantic?
What do tourists bring from Cyprus? Wines, oil, lace, sea sponges, magnets, linen bags, bottle gourds painted with archaic patterns, T-shirts with inscriptions (and not always censored ones), tunics with Greek and Cypriot symbols, beautiful ceramics (door plates, dishes). As well as great impressions, bronze tan, good mood and bright emotions that you just need to share with loved ones
What is it, rest in Naberezhnye Chelny? Recreation centers, children's camps, sports and active leisure … The reader will find out where to stay, where to have fun, what to see, what to do and keep the child entertained when they come to rest in Tatarstan
The Salyut recreation center (Yekaterinburg) is attractive for vacationers because it is located in an ecological zone on the peninsula of Verkhnesysertsky Pond. Here you can completely relax surrounded by the Ural nature
Winter holidays attract many tourists. The expanses of Russia are endless, so it can be organized at home. However, some prefer to spend their holidays in other, hotter and more exotic countries, studying the sights and culture of various peoples. Where can you go on vacation in winter? What are the characteristics of certain countries? More on this later