Table of contents:
- Scenic route in Ostrov village
- Following the footsteps of Emperor Napoleon
- How to spend time outdoors?
- Where else can I get directions?
- Towards the history of literature
- A few words about safety
You can spend time pleasantly and profitably by traveling around Moscow and the surrounding regions on a bicycle. Such walks are not only exciting, but also contribute to the expansion of horizons, and also strengthen the he alth and physical condition of an amateur athlete. The cycling routes of the Moscow Region are distinguished by their striking beauty, which is hard to notice in the usual pace of city life. What places are the most interesting, where is the best place to ride, and where can you encounter wildlife?
Scenic route in Ostrov village
It is easier to move around the Moscow region by bicycle than in the city. There are fewer cars and more picturesque views that are pleasing to the eye. We propose to start the "tour light" from the small village of Ostrov, located just 5 kilometers from the Moscow ring road, on a moderate elevation in the floodplain of the Moscow River. It is located on the 10th kilometer of the Kashirskoye Highway, from large settlements nearby, Lytkarino can be noted. There are quite a lot of objects to study here, among them - a tented church built more than 4 centuries ago, and a stable house, a former part of the estateOrlovs.
The local nature, meanders of the river, hilly terrain, linden parks and even a rural cemetery are distinguished by almost pristine beauty. You can get to the Island by bike through the Mamon cemetery and the pond, and then straight through the cornfield. On the spot, it will be possible to see the sources of the Berezhenka River, a picturesque and low-water stream that quickly flows through the forest thickets. There is also a small round pond, which is almost completely overgrown with mud in the summer.
Following the footsteps of Emperor Napoleon
Cycling routes in Moscow and the Moscow region differ quite a lot. Capital walks resemble original excursions, implying acquaintance with the history of the city, unusual architecture, sophistication and luxury. The urban route along the streets of Maroseyka and Pokrovka is very popular. During the war of 1812, during the capture of Moscow by Napoleon, it was here that the central part of the capital was located. Your route will look like this:
- Pokrovka, 4. House of princes Dolgoruky. The mansion was built in the 17th century in the popular Baroque style.
- Maroseyka, 17. Embassy of Belarus. The building was erected at the end of the 18th century at the junction of two architectural solutions, baroque and classicism.
- Armenian lane. All buildings are of significant historical value. Of greatest interest is the building of the Institute of Oriental Languages, whose students were Turgenev and Stanislavsky.
- Bolshaya Lubyanka, 14. Chambers DmitryPozharsky.
- The end of the route is at Maroseyka, 2. Previously, one of the oldest churches in Moscow, named after the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos, was located here.
How to spend time outdoors?
Cycling routes near Moscow is a great opportunity to spend a day in the fresh air, in nature. This solution may appeal to amateur tourists. How nice it is to come farther into the forest and stay overnight with tents to enjoy the fabulous charm of the night by the fire, play songs on the guitar, tell scary stories to each other and enjoy baked potatoes! To make pedaling outside the city even more interesting, combine this activity with picking berries, mushrooms or an autumn herbarium.
Where else can I get directions?
If the cycling routes of the Moscow region seem too difficult for you due to their considerable remoteness, pay attention to local parks. Good tracks for high-speed driving are laid on Sparrow Hills, in Bitsa and Krylatsky, at VDNKh, in the park of the 850th anniversary of Moscow, in the Maryino area. For those who do not have their own bike, but are eager to ride, there is an opportunity to rent. For movement, special paths with appropriate markings are allocated, along which pedestrians are prohibited from moving.
Towards the history of literature
Recently, weekend cycling routes have been very popular. Moscow suburbs near and far -perfect place for them. You can combine them not only with a hike, but also with a sightseeing tour of any local attractions. Such walks are a real adventure that you can go on during a good time of the year.
Literature lovers will appreciate the route near the famous Peredelkino dachas. They are located between two highways, Borovsky and Minsk. The starting point of the journey is the RZD Peredelkino platform. Driving along rural roads and trails, you will see:
- Residence of the Patriarch.
- The House of Creativity and its picturesque green alleys.
- The dacha and the Pasternak house-museum, which is still operating today.
- A cool spring in the village and a local pond.
- Yevtushenko House-Museum.
- Okudzhava's house.
A few words about safety
Cycling routes of the Moscow region and the capital in recent years have fairly good equipment, but do not forget about safety, which is so necessary to ensure the he alth of every person. Before you go on a trip, albeit a short one, be sure to check and check:
- The availability of necessary things (money, documents, phone, a small amount of food).
- Knowledge of safety rules and first aid.
- If you are riding in a group, make sure that minors and cyclists with minimal experience ride in the middle.